Friday 10 January 2020

More Than A Prophet!

 “The Lord your God  will raise up for you a Prophet … to Him you shall listen” (Deuteronomy 18:15).
We read these words, and we think of the words spoken by God on the Mount of Transfiguration (Matthew 17:5). There is a difference. Jesus is more than a Prophet. He’s God’s Son. He’s greater than Moses. He’s greater than Elijah. They were God’s servants. He’s God’s Son. When we realize that we have a Saviour – more than a prophet!, we will listen to Him, we will give ourselves to Him, and we will thank Him for giving Himself for us.
Why do we listen to Jesus? It’s because He speaks the Word of the Lord – “I … will put My words in His mouth; and He shall speak to them all that I shall command Him” (Deuteronomy 18:18).  It’s more than that! He is the Word of the Lord (John 1:1,14).
We give ourselves to Him because He has given Himself to us. We do not think much of our great devotion to him. We think much of His great love for us.
 As I was reading about “the Prophet”, I found my attention drawn to these words – “you shall not be afraid of him” (Deuteronomy 18:22). As I read this verse, I noticed that it’s telling us that we do not need to be afraid of the false prophet. Satan has no authority over the Lord’s people – “No weapon that is formed against you will prosper … ” (Isaiah 54:17). “you shall not be afraid of him” – I thought a bit more about this verse. I found my thoughts turning to Jesus, our Saviour. We don’t need to be afraid of Him. He loves us. In fear, we come to Him. We know that He is holy. In love, He comes to us. He shows us that He is our Saviour. “His perfect love casts out our fear” (1 John 4:18).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Preaching The Word Of The Lord: New Testament

MATTHEW Matthew 3:13-17 The Saviour; The Scriptures; The Spirit * The Saviour has come for us. He takes the sinner’s place – in His...